Monday, October 28, 2013

Observation 2

After setting up for my second observation I quickly noticed before placing my sample under the scope that it contained bubbles of a large size that were not present in the first observation.

 It has also been noted that this may have been the cause of added water as the level in the micro aquarium was not as it was left after the first observation. I had to draw water out of the sample to insure the surface tension of the water would not be broken when mounted on the scope. If the surface tension breaks my whole sample will be lost.

Organisms found in the second observation:
1 Dead rotofier
1 dead diatom

Classifications: ( all classifications are double checked by UTK's  Dr. Kenneth McFarland before post.)
dead rotofier: Trichocera Bicristata (Donner 1966)
dead diatom: Amphora ( Canter-Lund 1995 )

The camera mounted microscopes were not available during my second observation but after looking through the books provided in class I found photos of the Amphora in its live form and a simple rendition of the Trichocera Bicristata.


  Trichocera Bicristata (Donner 1966)

  Amphora ( Canter-Lund 1995 )

No comments:

Post a Comment